Erectile dysfunction is the inability to get or keep an erection. ED usually has a physical cause.
LEVITRA helps improve erectile function by increasing blood flow to the penis. LEVITRA has helped many men and it may help you, too.
LEVITRA can cause your blood pressure to drop suddenly to an unsafe level if it is taken with certain other medicines. With a sudden drop in blood pressure, you could get dizzy, faint, or have a heart attack or stroke.
If, like millions of other men, you have noticed changes in your erections, you can do something about it. Talking to your doctor is the first step.
Did you know
ED usually has
a physical cause?
Erectle Dysfunction Treatment – LEVITRA
See your doctor.
LEVITRA is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men.
Important Safety Information
- LEVITRA can cause your blood pressure to drop suddenly to an unsafe level if it is taken with certain other medicines. With a sudden drop in blood pressure, you could get dizzy, faint, or have a heart attack or stroke.
- Do not take LEVITRA if you:
- Take any medications called “nitrates” (often used to control chest pain, also known as angina), or if you use recreational drugs called “poppers” like amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate. Nitrates may cause abnormally low blood pressure and LEVITRA may increase that risk
- Take riociguat (Adempas ® ), a guanylate cyclase stimulator. a medicine that treats pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic-thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
- Have been told by your healthcare provider not to have sexual activity because of health problems. Sexual activity can put an extra strain on your heart, especially if your heart is already weak from a heart attack or heart disease
- Tell all your healthcare providers that you take LEVITRA. If you need emergency medical care for a heart problem, it will be important for your healthcare provider to know when you last took LEVITRA.
- LEVITRA does not protect a man or his partner from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
- Before taking LEVITRA, tell your doctor about all your medical problems, including if you:
- have heart problems such as angina, heart failure, irregular heartbeats, or have had a heart attack—ask your doctor if it is safe for you to have sexual activity
- have low blood pressure or have high blood pressure that is not controlled
- have pulmonary hypertension
- have had a stroke
- have had a seizure
- or any family members have a rare heart condition known as prolongation of the QT interval (long QT syndrome)
- have liver problems
- have kidney problems and require dialysis
- have retinitis pigmentosa, a rare genetic (runs in families) eye disease
- have ever had severe vision loss, or if you have an eye condition called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- have stomach ulcers
- have a bleeding problem
- have a deformed penis shape or Peyronie’s disease
- have had an erection that lasted more than 4 hours
- have blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- have hearing problems
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. LEVITRA and other medicines may affect each other. Especially tell your doctor if you take any of the following:
- Ritonavir (Norvir ® ) or indinavir sulfate (Crixivan ® ), saquinavir (Fortavase ® or Invirase ® ) or atazanavir (Reyataz ® ), or other HIV protease inhibitors
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole (such as Nizoral ® or Sporanox ® )
- Erythromycin or clarithromycin
- Tell your doctor if you take alpha-blockers. These include Hytrin ® (terazosin HCl), Flomax ® (tamsulosin HCl), Cardura ® (doxazosin mesylate), Minipress ® (prazosin HCl), Uroxatral ® (alfuzosin HCl), or Rapaflo ® (silodosin). Alpha-blockers are sometimes prescribed for prostate problems or high blood pressure. In some patients, the use of PDE5 inhibitor drugs, including LEVITRA, with alpha-blockers can lower blood pressure significantly, leading to fainting.
- Contact the prescribing physician if alpha-blockers or other drugs that lower blood pressure are prescribed by another healthcare provider
- Tell your doctor if you take medicines that treat abnormal heartbeat. These include quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone, and sotalol. Patients taking these drugs should not use LEVITRA.
- Do not use LEVITRA with other medicines or treatments for ED.
- Take LEVITRA exactly as your doctor prescribes. LEVITRA comes in different doses (2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg). For most men, the recommended starting dose is 10 mg. Do not take more than one tablet of LEVITRA per day. Doses should be taken at least 24 hours apart. Some men can take only a low dose of LEVITRA because of medical conditions or medicines they take. Your doctor will prescribe the dose that is right for you.
- If you are older than 65 or have liver problems, your doctor may start you on a lower dose of LEVITRA
- If you have prostate problems or high blood pressure for which you take medicines called alpha-blockers, your doctor may start you on a lower dose of LEVITRA
- If you are taking certain other medicines, your doctor may prescribe a lower starting dose and limit you to one dose of LEVITRA in a 72-hour (3-day) period.
- The most common side effects with LEVITRA are headache, flushing, stuffy or runny nose, indigestion, upset stomach, dizziness, and back pain.
- LEVITRA may uncommonly cause:
- An erection that lasts more than 4 hours. Get medical help right away to avoid lasting damage to your penis
- Color vision changes. such as seeing a blue tinge to objects or having difficulty telling the difference between the colors blue and green
- In rare instances, men taking PDE5 inhibitors (oral erectile dysfunction medicines, including LEVITRA) reported a sudden decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes or a sudden decrease or loss in hearing, sometimes with ringing in the ears and dizziness. It is not possible to determine whether these events are related directly to the PDE5 inhibitors, to other diseases or medications, to other factors, or to a combination of factors. If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision or hearing, stop taking LEVITRA and contact a doctor right away.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please read the Patient Information and discuss it with your doctor.
The physician Prescribing Information is also available.
NOTE: All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
�Adobe is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems incorporated.
Erectile Dysfunction Health Center
13 Common Sex-Drive Killers
What Are the Differences Between These Drugs?
Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, and Viagra work similarly. There are subtle differences in how long the drug works and how quickly it works.
Levitra works a little longer than Viagra. They both take effect in about 30 minutes. With Levitra, the effects last for about 5 hours. With Viagra, they last about 4 hours.
Cialis works much longer — up to 36 hours in some cases. Stendra can start doing its thing in as little as 15 minutes, and its effects last up to 6 hours.
Staxyn dissolves in your mouth. It contains the same active ingredient as Levitra, but it should not replace Levitra. It also can begin working in about 15 minutes.
If One of These Doesn’t Help Me, Can I Try Another?
Yes. But because these drugs work the same way, you’re likely to have similar results.
What Precautions Should I Take Before Trying One of These Drugs?
There are situations where these drugs may not be safe. Before you take them, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to any drugs, including other ED medications.
- About any prescription or nonprescription medications you take and any herbal and dietary supplements .
- If you are scheduled for surgery, even dental surgery.
- If you take nitroglycerin or a similar medicine for chest pain. The combination of ED medication and these drugs can cause dangerously low blood pressure .
- If you take alpha-blockers for blood pressure or prostate problems. These can lower your blood pressure when taken with ED pills. You should not start on Staxyn unless your doctor has prescribed you Levitra before.
Always follow the directions on your prescription label carefully. Also make sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain anything you don’t understand. Take these drugs exactly as directed.
Levitra and/or Equivalents
Levitra Drug Description
Levitra is a medicinal drug that belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It contains the chemical vardenafil, which is a PDE5 inhibitor used in the treatment of impotency or erectile dysfunction.
Levitra helps relax the muscles of the penis and increases flow of blood to the penis at the time of sexual stimulation. Thus, Levitra is primarily used in helping men achieve an erection.
Conditions Treated by Levitra
Levitra is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotency. By relaxing the muscles of the penis and increasing blood flow to it, Levitra helps produce an erection in men. Levitra is also used to treat a number of other conditions.
Levitra Dosage Information
a.) Typical Dosage Recommendations
It is extremely important that you take Levitra exactly as your doctor prescribes. Be very careful not to take bigger or smaller amounts or administer the drug for a longer time than recommended and follow the directions given on the prescription label. Your doctor may decide to change the Levitra dosage occasionally in order to ensure that you reap maximum benefit from using the drug.
You should take each dosage of the drug with one filled glass of water. Levitra can be administered with or without food. Usually, the drug is taken only when it is required, that is, about an hour before the commencement of sexual activity. An erection however will not occur simply by taking the pill and hence you must pay special attention to your doctor’s instructions.
Be careful not to take Levitra more than once every 24 hours and allow at least one day between consecutive dosages. Should your erection be painful or last for a prolonged period of time (beyond 4 hours) you should get medical attention immediately. Prolonged erection, also known as priapism, can end up damaging the penis.
b.) Missing a Dose
Since Levitra is administered as and when required, it is unlikely that you will be following a dosing schedule with regards to the drug.
If you overdose on Levitra, seek medical attention right away.
Levitra can prove to be harmful if you happen to be suffering from certain conditions. It is important that you avoid taking Levitra if you suffer from severe liver disease. You should also consult a doctor or a pharmacist for dose adjustments or special tests to make sure it is safe for you to take the drug if you happen to be suffering from the following medical conditions:
Levitra can also cause sudden loss of vision by decreasing the flow of blood to the optic nerve in the eye. This occurrence is mostly exhibited in people suffering from heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes or other eye problems, and thus should you be suffering from these, it is essential that you consult your doctor before using the drug. This loss in vision may also occur if you are over 50 years of age and in the habit of smoking regularly.
Consuming alcohol has been known to aggravate certain side effects associated with the usage of Levitra. Grapefruit juice may also interact in a negative way with Levitra. Also, you should not use any other drug for treating impotence, such as yohimbine and alprostadil while you are already on Levitra.
Levitra Side Effects
As with most other drugs, Levitra has a number of side effects. If you exhibit allergic reactions to Levitra such as:
- swelling of tongue
- swelling of lips
- inflammation of throat
- swelling of face
- appearance of rashes
- excessive itching and difficulty in breathing
you should seek emergency medical help right away and consult your doctor immediately if while having sex, you feel nauseated or dizzy, experience numbness, pain or a tingling sensation in the arms, jaw, neck or chest. Call your doctor instantly as you could be experiencing a serious side effect of using Levitra. The more serious side effects of using Levitra include:
- Ringing sensation in the ears
- Irregular heart rhythms
- Sudden loss of vision
- Chest pain
- Sudden hearing loss
- Feeling light headed
- Swelling the ankles, hands and feet
- Seizures or convulsions
- Prolonged and painful penis erections
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating and general ill feeling
- Pain in the shoulder and arms
Less serious side effects of using Levitra are:
- Problems in memory
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Redness in the chest, neck and face
The above is not however an exhaustive list and other side effects may arise upon using Levitra.
Possible Drug Interactions with Levitra
Levitra can prove to be harmful if used in tandem with certain other drugs. Avoid using Levitra if you also happen to be using a nitrate drug to alleviate chest and heart problems. Make sure to inform your doctor about the following drugs if you are to take Levitra:
The above however is not an exclusive list and there are other drugs which should not be used simultaneously and concurrently with Levitra. Hence, it is extremely important that you inform your doctor about any and all medications that you happen to be using at the time of taking Levitra.
If you have any questions about buying discount Levitra online or any other prescription products you can contact our team of professional Patient Service Representatives or one of our pharmacists 24-7 by calling 1-800-226-3784.
Notice: The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.
where to buy levitra in ireland
order cheap levitra
cheapest levitra 20mg
levitra precio farmacia san pablo
levitra discount walmart
levitra generika seriös kaufen
levitra comprar no brasil
levitra walmart price
levitra se compra con receta
precio levitra 4 comprimidos